Some people were able to transition to natural hair quickly—maybe doing the dramatic and bold big chop. Remember that? With some of us we coolly and gradually shifted to natural. For me, I did the big chop and yet still kept going back to relaxers and weaves! Mind you, nothing is wrong with chemical processing or hair extensions. Thinking back fondly, I rocked both well and my hair stylist made me look and feel beautiful. During that season of my life, I went to a stylist like clock work and on schedule every two weeks. It was a major investment. Right now, my hair is ‘scheduled’ for a protective style as during the winter my hair needs to be protected from the Maryland brisk weather.
In making a decision to just see what my hair could do has been a learning process and like you, it has been rewarding with mild ups and downs. Watching my favorite youtube naturals has been a blessing. YOUTUBE has been a blessing. Learning about my hair and loving it. Bring it back to my God. Having the courage to continue in my hair journey and hair goals is a blessing. May God bless you too on your journey.
So here are some of my favorite essentials that has been great for me as I have learned to appreciate me and my hair.
- Hair Pins. My favorite hair products
- Shea Butter. Shea butter is thick
- Aloe Vera Gel. I like to follow this with a
- Jojoba Oil
- Black Castor Oil
- Favorite Leave In Conditioner
- Water. Do not underestimate the effects of a good misting of your hair. It takes moisture to grow healthy hair, especially in the winter months.
- Vitamin E
- Good nutrition. During my first pregnancy, my hair grew like crazy and it
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Your favorite essential oils- Lavendar, tea tree oil, peppermint.
Some honorable mentions are biotin supplements and a great multivitamin.